Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

We had a fun this year in Idaho for the 4th of July.  First we spent the day going to two parades, one in the morning at Rexburg and one in the afternoon at Menan.  My sister, Angie, was in both of them dancing with the Troyettes.  It was fun to watch her.  It is a good thing that both of the parades were light on throwing out candy.  After the parades we starting cooking for our barbeque.  It was worth all of the work. YUMMY!!  After dinner we played water balloon volleyball in the backyard until it was time to go to the fireworks.  
Since our 4th of July was jam packed we decided to let off our own fireworks the night before. We splurged this year and got a big pack of fireworks.  I'm not sure who enjoyed them more, the kids watching them or the guys lighting them. 
Angie dancing in the middle
Waiting for the Rexburg parade to start
Max and Kenna waiting for the Menan parade to start
Fun Fireworks
Val and I waiting for the fun to begin
Kenna with her sparkler
I asked them to pose and this is what I got!
Blake and Jarred lighting the fireworks
Say "Cheese"!




2 comments:

Heaton Family said...

How fun! No fair you got to go to two parades :) I bet the kids had a blast! Did you dye your hair dark?? I like it! Did Jake grow a mustache???? haha

Adrienne said...

Sorry we missed seeing you in Afton! I can't believe you were at the Rexburg parade because we were also there. Maybe someday we'll see your cute family again!