Sunday, February 22, 2009

Brooke's Birthday

Brooke turned six years old yesterday!  We let her open her presents in the morning and then later that afternoon we headed to Topeka to see the Arab Shrine Circus.  Brooke's favorite parts of the circus was the trapeze acrobats, eating cotton candy and getting to ride on the back of an elephant with her dad, Kenna and Tyler.  I volunteered to be the picture taker since I was the only one who had rode on an elephant before.  (When I was little, Hogle Zoo offered elephant rides.)   Despite the overpriced concession and toy stands, I must say it was a worth while trip.  The kids really liked it.  

Last Thursday Brooke made a much needed trip to the dentist.  She had a permanent tooth growing in behind her baby tooth.  The dentist ended up pulling both of her two bottom baby teeth.  Brooke was quite the trooper.  She showed no signs of being scared, she was actually really excited.  I'm sure a lot of that excitement was because she knew the tooth fairy would bring her some money that night, and that she could show her friends at school her new smile.  

2 comments:

Shalean said...

I can't get over how much your girls look just like you! What a cutie..and a circus birthday?? Who could ask for more!

The Morrells said...

What a fun birthday!
Jaylee had the same thing happen with her 2 bottom teeth. She had 2 permanent teeth growing in behind the baby ones. The baby ones were loose, but still took a while to fall out. The permanent ones have already moved forward though, so hopefully she's okay. It kind of freaked me out, but Jason assured me it happens to a lot of kids, including himself...lol! I had just never seen anything like it.
Anyways, now her top front teeth are loose too. Fun stuff!