Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Zach turns two!

I can't believe our little Zachy-man is two years old. Zach's birthday was on Saturday this year, the day before Easter Sunday. We started out the day by opening birthday presents. Grandma Jeri sent a cute animal magnetic board along with a very special present- a jacket that was worn by Jake when he was two years old. It is a too big for Zach now but I am planning to get a picture of him in it when it fits a little bit better. Grandma and Grandpa Tanner came to see Zach for a quick birthday visit and treated all of us to a yummy lunch at Pizza Hut.

We got him a set of John Deere trucks and tractors. It was so fun watching Zach play with them, at one point he had been making truck sounds for so long that he was drooling.




Jake took Zach on a motorcycle ride which to be honest was probably the high light of his day! He can't get enough of motorcycle and 4-wheeler rides. Like father-like son!
After Zach's nap, we had our traditional Easter Treasure Hunt complete with clues for everyone. Jake helped Zach with his clues while I ran around taking pictures of everyone discovering their "treasures".

We made Zach a bunny birthday cake that said "Hoppy" Birthday on it. Zach LOVED blowing out the candles on his cake, we re-lit the candles a few times just so he could blow them out over and over again. I wish I would have captured his expressions better when he was blowing them out. Cute!!



Cake and ice cream=one happy two year old!

Zach surprises me that he is bothered by messy hands. This is him trying to get my attention to wash his hands.
Zach is definitely a hand full but he brings so much joy to our family. We can't wait to see what cute and funny things he treats us with through the year! We love you, Zachy!


1 comment:

The Morrells said...

I can't believe he is 2! He is so cute! I remember some pictures of Jake in that jacket....cool that you now have it, and it is totally back in style! lol. Cute cake too! My mom made me a bunny cake once....I think on my 3rd birthday! It's one of the earliest memories I have....just a flash, but I remember it! Glad you had a Happy Birthday Zachy Man....we love you!